Have you been ready for the opposite shoe to drop? Well, this week’s Supergirl has not simply dropped it—it’s thrown it down from nice heights. “Not Kansas” looks like it resolves fairly a number of issues, however that is all a smokescreen for the chaos that’s about to be unleashed.
Life Without Supergirl
First, I assumed it was very fascinating that they handled Kara’s departure in a means that felt like a season finale regardless of there being two extra episodes go. There have been going away events and tearful goodbyes. And then we settled into seeing how everybody would deal with issues whereas Supergirl wasn’t there.
Never one to draw back from necessary social subjects, J’onn groups up with James to trace a civilian with an assault rifle that principally matches DEO’s specialised weaponry. The episode does a great job at displaying each side of the private armament debate (it will’ve been good to see James and Lena talk about it extra, however there simply wasn’t time) whereas displaying the doubtful company aspect. Ultimately, I like J’onn’s determination to maneuver to strictly non-lethal weapons on the DEO. I imply, admittedly I assumed that is what they have been doing this entire time however that has extra to do with my assumptions based mostly on who Kara and all of the Supers are. The speech was dealt with properly and it is the suitable official transfer since Kara could be very a lot about making an attempt to succeed in the superpowered individuals they seize.
The Shoe, It Drops
If you thought they have not been actually showcasing Kara’s human life this season, you are not improper. That deemphasis was probably to assist arrange her leaving to Argo City to spend time with Alura and reconnect together with her Kryptonian roots. While it was all the things she in all probability wished for as a toddler, the truth was sort of awkward and noticed her proceed to wrestle with being “normal.” Much of this season has been about resolving some type of duality and it looks like Kara’s actual breakthrough on this space will come quickly because of this journey. She continues to be a lady of two worlds and will by no means really depart both behind.
This journey additionally allowed her to find the cult that created the Worldkillers survived…and is lead by Selena…who stole her ship…and got here to Kara-less Earth to satisfy Thomas Coville and arrange a brand new Dark Fortress. Oops. And, seeing as Selena willingly gave Kara the black rock, having Sam allegedly separated from the Worldkillers’ powers after being injected with it looks like an additional dangerous factor. And Sam appeared to have recognized once they arrived so the large query is who will finally possess this energy: Sam or Selena? And will Coville change sides once more?
- I am delighted that Eve Teschmacher looks like she’ll be getting a little bit of a lift now. I really like Andrea Brooks’ portrayal. Pairing her with Lena as scientific collaborators might be actually enjoyable down the road.
- In the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, Eve is Lex’s girlfriend and confederate. The filpside to my delight is worrying her team-up with Lena is one other step in the direction of Super-Villain Status. I feel it might be enjoyable seeing Lena as evil, however Supergirl does not have loads of formidable allies outdoors the DEO, so dropping another does not really feel proper to me.
- Oh, and we received a correct “MISS TESCHMACHER!!!” from James and it made me joyful.
- Lena is in awe of the potential properties of the black rock. Who is aware of what these properties are, however it could possibly be a enjoyable method to convey Superwoman onto the present (the Lucy Lane model, if for no different purpose than to get Jenna Dewan again).
- I am nonetheless questioning what bigger half Ruby will play in all this. I could also be improper, nevertheless it nonetheless seems like her key second has but to return.
- Mon-El lastly confesses his emotions to Kara, however they’re attacked by a robotic earlier than they will kiss. Maybe Kara will go to the longer term with Mon to interrupt it to Imra? Really, I simply need to see extra Legion, so I can pitch you six extra methods to make this occur.
- Wow, Kara’s childhood pal grew as much as be a classist snob.
- M’yrnn time is operating out and I really feel J’onn’s devastated feels. Carl Lumbly and David Harewood proceed to ship robust, emotionally resonating performances.
- So, we see Alex wanting up an adoption web site. It’ll be fascinating to see how this performs out, however they have been dealing with her journey properly general so I’ve religion.
- Also, if you do not know, Selena can also be the identify of Faye Dunaway’s Big Bad within the Supergirl movie. Clever writers.
How do you assume Kara will get again to Earth? Who will wield the Worldkillers’ powers? Any different burning ideas about tonight’s episode? Let us know!